Digital marketing is a combination of 3 types of digital marketing. To implement an effective digital marketing campaign that will generate more leads and sales for your business, you need to implement each type of marketing on a continuous basis. This article will give you a basic overview of each type.
(1) Owned Marketing
This type of marketing consists of:
- Posting your branded content on your company website (so it can be found by search engines).
- Posting your branded content on your social media pages (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) Ã¢ÂÂ¦so your social network/following can stay up-to-date on whatÃ¢ÂÂs going on with your business.
- Posting content that is related to your product or service will help you get more exposure and recognition for what your company offers. This will help you generate more leads and sales.
(2) Earned Marketing
This type of marketing happens:
- When search engines index your content (whether it be your website pages or images from your website).
- When you create content around a specific keyword topic, search engines will notice this and include your website pages in their database.
- When people search for topic related to content that you have posted on your website, your website will show up in the search results (at no cost to you).
- Earned marketing also happens when you post your website content on your social media profiles, and one of your friends, followers or connections share that content with other people in their network (by posting it on their own social media pages).
- This helps you get noticed by people who may not be in your network. This can help grow your social media following.
(3) Paid Marketing
Search Engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing and social media sites like Facebook and Instagram allow you pay for advertising by paying for clicks or impressions.
- For example,you can pay $1.00 per click, or $1.00 per 1,000 impressions.
- Clicks = the number times someone clicks on your advertisement.
- Impressions = the number of times someone views your advertisement.
- You can also pay advertisers on a Ã¢ÂÂcommission basisÃ¢ÂÂ. Paying advertisers on a commission basis is also called affiliate or referral marketing.
She has spent the last 11+ years helping aspiring entrepreneurs start new businesses, raise capital and get connected to the resources they need to grow and thrive. She also spent this time helping B2B and B2C companies generate more leads and sales for their businesses via web development and the implementation of various digital marketing and advertising strategies.
She enjoys writing about her experiences as an entrepreneur and using data and information from reliable sources to back up what she writes about. Through her writing she aims to educate other entrepreneurs on how to build successful businesses doing what they love.
Latest posts by Brittni Abiolu (see all)
- This Black Woman Just Got $120,000 in Funding to Open a Play Place & Child Care Drop Off Center for Children Ages 0 to 6 in Corktown Historic District (Detroit) - January 14, 2020
- How to Create a Home Office that Makes You Want to Get to Work Each Day - January 8, 2020
- This Detroit Based Entrepreneur Says Starting a Farming Business In Africa Has Given Her the Power to Create Jobs and Build Generational Wealth - January 8, 2020